KJ Bentley Scholarships
The Woodbridge High School Boosters offer a $2,500 Scholarship for one graduating female and one graduating male athlete. The KJ Bentley Scholarship is presented to the selected student athletes at the Annual Senior Breakfast (typically in May) by the Booster’s President. All students that meet the Scholarship Program Requirements are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Program Requirements
- All applicant must be eligible to earn a diploma from WHS in the current school calendar year. (i.e. for school year 2017-2018 the athlete must be receiving a diploma and graduating in 2018).
- The applicant must plan to enroll in a two or four-year college or trade school.
- The applicant must be a Senior Athlete in the current years graduating class.
- Applicants must submit a 350-word essay on the topic “How has Woodbridge Sports Influenced Me” and present it in the following format:
- Written to the topic of “How has Woodbridge Sports Influenced Me”
- Essay must be submitted electronically in PDF format
- Must be formatted using doubled spaced lines
- Either use Times New Roman, Ariel or Tahoma 12pt Font
- Spelling, Grammar and Sentence Structure will be scrutinized
- The application must be submitted before midnight of the first Monday of April in the current school year.
- The application must be submitted in the proper format to email@example.com.
Scholarship Selection Process
- All essays will be reviewed by the the athlete’s Coach and the Booster’s Executive Board.
- The selected female athlete and male athlete will be announced at the Annual Senior Breakfast (typically in May).